450g Dried Apricots
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
¾ Cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Orange Rind (Grated)
60g Slivered Almonds (Toasted)
¾ Cup Sugar
¼ Cup Brandy
16 Sponge Fingers
280ml Cream (Whipped)
- Cook apricots with vanilla and sugar and with a dash of water.
- Vitamise mixture, allow to cool and blend in orange rind.
- Dampen the sponge fingers with brandy and milk.
- Arrange four damp sponge fingers and top with the apricot mixture.
- Arrange an alternate layer of four on top of the first (in a criss-cross pattern) and top with the apricot mixture.
- Arrange two more layers (criss-cross pattern) topping each with the apricot mixture.
- Coat top with any remaining mixture
- Place in refrigerator for a day to fuse.
Serve cold layered with whipped cream and slivered almonds. Makes a refreshing dessert or a cold snack to cool off on a hot day.