250g approximately 1 bunch wild green asparagus
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 thick slice French bread (35g)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1. Wash the asparagus and cut off the tough end of
the stems. Slice into 25mm (1 inch) pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy pot; add the whole garlic
cloves, fry until heated and soft. Remove and set aside.
3. Saute the asparagus in the same oil. Crush the
garlic and bread in a mortar, adding a small amount of water.
4. Add this mixture and the paprika to the asparagus
and stir. Add a little more water, a small amount of salt
and the vinegar.
5. Cover and cook over medium heat for approximately
30 minutes. Some liquid may remain.
6. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, and then add them
to the pot of cooked asparagus. While the pot is still over
the heat, stir the eggs so they scramble with the asparagus.
7. Serve on a warmed-up plate or bowl, garnish with
your favourite herbs and Enjoy!