1 Cup Chick Peas (Dried)
¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Medium Green Peppers (Sliced)
2 Medium Onions (Sliced)
¼ Cup Oil
2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
2 Teaspoons Sweet Basil (Chopped)
2 Teaspoons Tarragon (Chopped)
1 Tablespoon Parsley (Chopped
Salt & Pepper
- Dissolve the baking soda in enough water to cover the chick peas.
- Add the chick peas and allow for a good soak. Drain and rinse.
- Add rinsed chick peas to pot cover with fresh water, cover and cook for about one hour.
- Dip the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds then peel and chop.
- Sauté the peppers and onions in the oil for three minutes.
- Add the garlic, sweet basil, tarragon, parsley and chopped tomatoes and cook over a low heat for five minutes.
- Drain the chick peas and mix with the tomato mixture
- Grease a casserole dish and pour in mixture.
- Cover and bake at 160ºC for one hour.