Barbecued Pork Spare Ribs
1kg Pork Spare Ribs
4 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon Chili Sauce
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
4 Tablespoons Barbecue Sauce
4 Tablespoons Brown Vinegar
¼ Teaspoon Five Spice Powder
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Put pork spare ribs in a large saucepan of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes (to remove excess fat).
- Combine BBQ sauce, honey, vinegar, chili sauce, five spice powder, soy sauce and ginger in bowl and mix well.
- Put pork spare ribs into baking dish, pour sauce over and leave stand for one hour but turn the ribs occasionally.
- Put baking dish in oven at a moderately hot heat for one hour or until pork is tender basting frequently.
Serve this dish hot straight from the oven. A perfect pre-dinner snack or at that pool side party as one of those mouth watering nibblies. Enough for 4 - 6 people.