375g or 24 Plain Sweet Biscuits
½ Cup Castor Sugar
125g Almonds (Ground)
2 X ½ Cup Milk
1½ Tablespoons Rum
2 Eggs (Separated)
1½ Cups Cream
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat egg yokes into creamed mixture and add ground almonds and 3 - 4 drops almond essence.
- Very gradually beat in ½ cup milk.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and split into two halves.
- Fold in one half of the beaten egg white into the mixture then fold the other half.
- Combine run and the second half of milk.
- Arrange six biscuits lengthwise in two rows on a sheet of aluminium foil.
- Brush the arranged biscuits generously with the rum milk mix and then spread one third of the cream mix over them.
- Arrange another six biscuits on top of the first layer, brush with rum-milk mix and layer with cream mix as previously.
- Add a third layer of biscuits, brush with rum-milk mix and add the remaining cream mix.
- Add the final layer of biscuits
- Wrap Torte in aluminum foil and refrigerate for minimum several hour but best overnight.
- Several hours before filling arrange Torte on a serving plate and top with whipped cream
- Sprinkle grated chocolate or toasted flaked almonds over cream and refrigerate again.
Serve your Biscotten Torte (or Biscuit Cake) covered in whipped cream and sprinkled with grated chocolate or toasted almond flakes. It makes a luscious ending for your next dinner party. Serves 6-8.