- Boil the potatoes with the peel intact.
- Peel the potatoes when hot but still wet.
- Place peeled potatoes in cold water for 3 minutes and then drain.
- Put sugar in frying pan and brown it until it looks like caramel.
- When sugar melted and light brown pour in one tablespoon of water and place the margarine into the mixture.
- Mix well together.
- Place potatoes in pan with the mixture on medium heat.
- Move the potatoes around with a spoon until potatoes are coated and light brown.
Serve up in a casserole as a side dish topped with sprigs of parsley. Enough for six servings or four for hearty eaters.