Chicken With Rice or Pasta
Thank you Gina from Victoria for this family recipe:
Chicken Fillets (Diced)
Arborio Rice or Pasta
1 Onion (Red, Brown or White) (Diced)
1 or 2 Cloves of Garlic (Crushed)
2 Large Chicken Stock Cubes
2 Jars of Barilla Sauce (any type) or 300ml Cream Spinach
1. Fry onion and garlic until soft.
2. Add bacon and chicken and fry well.
3. Add stock cubes and keep tossing.
4. At the last minute add spinach.
5. Serve with rice or pasta.
Cooking the Rice
1. 1 cup Arborio rice (do not rinse) to 2 cups of hot water. (Arborio rice comes out like a risotto e.g. a bit more sticky)
2. Microwave on High for 5 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to Medium for approx 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Stir and taste test rice occasionally.
5. Note: Water may spill over but don't worry.
Or Cooking the Rice
1. Use a rice cooker
2. Let rice stand for approx 5 minutes (it will still be cooking).