Choc-Prune Picnic Bars
¼ Cup Butter (Melted)
½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Cup Prunes (Chopped)
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Plain Flour
30g Dark Chocolate Pieces
1/3 Cup Coconut
- Beat the egg.
- Gradually add the sugar, then stir in the butter.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the mixture.
- Blend in the vanilla, chocolate pieces and prunes.
- Spread the mixture in a 180mm (approx) square baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with coconut.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and while still warm cut into 60mm (approx) squares.
We all know how good prunes can be for you, well here is a tasty and fun way to now eat them. Choc-Prune Picnic Bars are a treat for all the family.