Brochette Dijon Flambe
Serves: 4 people
4 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
185ml plus 4 tablespoons of Drambuie
1 cup of dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of honey
1kg chicken (cut in 3cm cubes)
Salt & pepper
1. Combine thyme, garlic, lemon juice and Drambuie
in a saucepan and cook over a medium flame for roughly 10
minutes - or until the liquid starts to reduce slightly.
2. Now stir in the mustard and honey and then simmer
for a further 5 minutes.
3. Coat the chicken cubes with salt and pepper and
then toss them through the mustard mixture.
4. Thread the chicken cubes onto skewers and grill
(or broil) the items for 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
5. The flambe part involves care. Heat 4 tablespoons
of Drambuie until it gets warm, then ignite and pour over
the meat. Enjoy!
Tip: This recipe can also be used with beef or lamb
in place of the chicken.