Thank you Margaret from Victoria for this interesting spin on your traditional meat ball:
450g Mince Steak
1 Teaspoon Water
¼ Cup Vinegar
¼ Cup Flour
2 Tablespoons Cornflour
¼ Teaspoon Ginger
2 Green Peppers (Seeded & cut into strips)
¼ Cup Brown Sugar
1 Can Pineapple Chunks
½ Teaspoon Salt
3 Tablespoons Salad Oil
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Season mince steak with salt and ginger.
- Lightly beat egg with one teaspoon water.
- Form mince steak into 16 small balls.
- Dip each meatball in beaten egg mix.
- Roll each meatball in flour.
- Saute meatballs in warm salad oil browning the balls completely.
- Remove meatballs from oil.
- Drain syrup from pinapple and add water to syrup to make one cup of syrup/water mix.
- Stir liquid into oil in pan.
- Stir in brown sugar mixed with corn flour, vinegar & soy sauce.
- Heat mixture, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and boils (about 3 minutes).
- Arrange meatballs, pepper strips and pineapple chunks in seperate piles in pan of sauce.
- Stir gently until ingredients covered in sauce.
- Cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with boiled rice or hot buttered noodles. For 4 people.