Pork Fillet (Chinese Style)
125g Bean Shoots
1 Medium Pork Fillet (Cut Into 25mm Squares)
1 Green Pepper
1 Cup Long Grain Rice (Uncooked)
1 Large Onion
Soy Sauce (To Taste)
Salt & Pepper
- Boil rice for about 10 minutes.
- Drain rice and rinse in cold water (to separate grains).
- Slice onion and par boil in salted water.
- Slice pepper and par boil in salted water.
- Beat eggs, season with salt and pepper and cook in a flat fry pan to make a
- Slice omelette into thin strips.
- Fry par boiled onion and add pork cubes until cooked.
- Add chopped tomatoes, par boiled green pepper, sliced omelette and cooked
- Mix thoroughly.
- season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add soy sauce to taste.
- Add bean shoots then cover and steam until heated (DO NOT over cook. Bean
shoots should be crisp).
Get out the chopsticks and plow into this tasty, filling
Asian style dish. Compliment it with a Pinot Gris or Verdelho.