Thank you Phyl from SA for this potato side dish:
1 kg Potatoes
½ Cup Grated Cheese
1 Clove Garlic
! Cup Milk
Salt & Pepper
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly.
- Rub a shallow ovenproof dish with cut garlic and butter the dish generously.
- Arrange the potato slices in layers in the dish.
- Scald milk and add nutmeg, seasoning to taste.
- Pour this mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and dot with butter.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 50 minutes.
Serve with a sprig of parsley and as a side helping to your main dish.