Asparagus Florentine Recipe (Sparagio alla Fiorentina)
Asparagus Florintine makes an excellent side dish to serve straight from the oven at your next dinner party. Combines well with last week's recipe, our Veal Parmesan. Serves 4-6.
- 2 Bunches Asparagus (Fresh)
- 8 Slices Prosciutto
- ¼ Cup Butter (or Margarine)
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus and wash stalks thoroughly.
- Cook asparagus is boiling salted water until tender then drain.
- Wrap one piece of Prosciutto around three sticks and fasten with a toothpick.
- Butter the bottom of a baking dish and lay bundles of asparagus in the dish,
- Sprinkle the bundles with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 200°C (400°F) oven for about 10 minutes.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes