Asparagus Rolls Recipe
Our Asparagus Rolls make a fantastic hot vegetarian lunch or snack during the day or if you're feeling a little peckish at night. Serves 4-6.
- 750g Asparagus
- 6 Bread Rolls
- 125ml Melted Butter
- 40g Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Flour
- 500ml Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Cream
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Trim the asparagus and cook in boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
- Cut the bread rolls in half and scoop out the middles.
- Fry the crusts in the melted butter on both sides until golden brown.
- Melt the 40g butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for one minute.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the asparagus into 2½ cm pieces (discard the tough white ends).
- Add the asparagus to the sauce and heat through.
- Pour into fried rolls.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes