Beef In Red Wine (Carbonata) Recipe
Serve this Beef In Red Wine dish with a with steamed broccoli and boiled unskinned baby potatoes. It's a quick and easy to prepare dinner as we move into the cooler autumnal evenings. Serves four.
- 4 Pieces Rump Steak
- 80g Butter or Margarine
- 4 Onions (Sliced)
- 2 Carrots (Diced)
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- ½ Bottle Dry Red Wine
- Salt & Pepper
- Brown the steaks in the butter or margarine in a saucepan.
- Put into a flameproof casserole dish.
- Cook carrots in boiling water for one minute and drain.
- Saute the onions in the same fat until transparent.
- Spread the onions and carrots over the meat and pour over the red wine.
- Season with salt, pepper, marjoram and nutmeg.
- Cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes