Carrot Souffle Recipe
This is an definite favorite and is a special occasion dish. Everyone will love it with its distinctive colour, flavour and texture. For somthing a little different. Serves 4-6.
- 1 Cups Grated Carrots (Firmly Packed)
- 1½ Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Salt
- 1½ Tablespoons Minced Chives
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Parsley
- 4 Tablespoons Plain Flour
- 250ml Milk
- 4 Eggs (Separated
- Mix together the carrots, butter, water, salt, chives and parsley in a saucepan.
- Cover and cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Stir in the flour and cook over a low heat for one minute.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly until thick and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating the mixture well after each addition.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gently fold into the carrot mixture.
- Pour mixture into a buttered souffle dish and bake in a 190°C (375°F) oven for about 40 minutes.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes