Cheese Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
Thank you Irene from WA for this Cheese Stuffed Capsicum Recipe. It serves four and is fine for vegetarians, having good flavour and acceptable protein content. For those watching their weight it is around 545 kilojoules per serve.
- 125g Ricotta Cheese
- 125g Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 5 Medium Sized Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Parsley
- 2 Spring Onions
- 4 Large Green (or Red/Yellow) Well Shaped Firm Capsicums
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Egg Whites
- Remove a slice of capsicum from the stalk end (retain the cap/slice), scrape out seeds and white membranes & wash & drain well.
- Peel and finely chop tomatoes (drain well if using canned).
- Beat together the two cheeses and when well mixed stir in chopped tomatoes.
- Add basil, parsley, spring onions & salt and pepper into mixture.
- Beat egg whites until very stiff and fold lightly through the mixture.
- Arrange peppers in a shallow baking tray.
- Fill each of the capsicums with the mixture & replace slick/cap lightly.
- Pour 2 or 3 tablespoons of water (or, if using canned tomatoes the juice from the can) into the base of the tray.
- Bake in moderate to hot oven for approximately 35 minutes.
- Serve hot.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes
- Convert Teaspoons, Tablespoons & Cups to their Metric Equivalent
|Australia's own Web Wombat Search
|Join WebWombat On ...
Yo Kai Watch
Want to be a modern day ghost buster? In Yo Kai Watch there isn’t a hint of green slime or Bill Murray for that matter, but the game has its own unique vibe and ends up being a solid offering nonetheless. Read More
Honda Accord Hybrid
This Accord incarnation of a hybrid vehicle is quiet and comfortable to drive. Has sufficient power & acceleration to suite most mature tastes. Comes standard with a host of safety features to rank it with the best of them. Read More
Suzuki Vitara RT-S
This 4th generation Vitara RT-X is sleeker, cleaner and more sophisticated than any of its predecessors but is priced at the high end of the compact SUV range. It does offer more features than the Vitara RT-S but ... Read More
When this movie was being promoted, I was constantly annoyed that the “G” in the title was not the same as the one used on the cover of the books. I still am. I was a tremendous fan.. Read More
Discoveries: Norma Tanega
It is your civic duty as a music-lover to know every singer and strummer on this Earth, and you have failed, because you missed someone, and now must make amends. Read More