Fish Veronique Recipe
For a meal that's a little different try this Fish Veronique, an interesting combination of fruit, fish and spices. Serve it hot garnished with chopped parsley and with a side serve of Scalloped Potatoes. Serves 6-8.
- 1½kg Fish Fillets
- 1½ Teaspoons Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- 20g Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 3 Slices Onion
- Pepper To Taste
- 1 Cup Seedless White Grapes
- 125ml White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Brandy
- Minced Parsley
- Sprinkle the fillets with salt and paprika.
- Melt the butter and oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion slices for one minute.
- Add the fish and cook over a low heat for ten minutes, sprinkling with pepper.
- Turn the fish and add the grapes.
- Cook for another five minutes or until the grapes a lightly browned.
- Drain off all the fat.
- Add the wine and brandy and simmer for ten minutes. Do not boil.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes