Lamb With Peppers Recipe (Agnello con Peperoni)
Planning a small dinner party then our traditional Italian Lamb with Peppers or Agnello con Peperoni is an easy to prepare dish with simple ingredients that will leave your diners well sated. Serves eight.
- 1kg Lean Lamb (Cubed)
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ Cup Flour
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 250ml Dry White Wine
- 250ml Water
- 2 Green Peppers (Sliced)
- 2 Red (or Yellow) Peppers (Sliced
- 250g Tomatoes (Peeled & Chopped)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Pinch of Oregano
- 2 Cups Rice
- Season the flour with the salt and pepper
- Toss the meat and turn till covered
- Saute the garlic in the oil for three minutes
- Add the meat and brown well
- Stir in the wine and water
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, bay leaf and oregano
- Cover and cook over a medium heat for about one hour or until meat is tender.
- About 20 minutes before the lamb is cooked prepare the rice according to instructions on the packet.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes