Macaroni With Ricotta Sauce Recipe
(Salsa di Ricotta con Pasta)
Macaroni With Ricotta Sauce or, as it's traditionally known, Salsa di Ricotta con Pasta, should be served sprinkled generously with Romano cheese and a couple of sprigs of parsley for colour. Serves 4-6.
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 500g Ricotta Cheese
- 250ml Tomato Puree
- 125g Tomato Paste
- 375ml Water
- Salt & Pepper
- 250g Short Macaroni
- 4 Tablespoons Romano Cheese (Grated)
- Saute the onion in the olive oil until golden brown.
- Add ricotta, tomato puree, tomato paste and water and mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over a low heat for about one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water until tender.
- Drain and put into a serving dish.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes