Passionfruit Bavarian Recipe
Our Passionfruit Bavarian is a tangy tasting dessert with a fluffy look and feel. Top each dessert dish with sliced strawberries, mango and/or a sprig of mint before serving.
- 2 Teaspoons Gelatine
- ½ Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs (Separated)
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar (Extra)
- 4 Large Passionfruit (Scoop Out Passionfruit Pulp)
- 2/3 Cup Cream (Whipped)
- Strawberries, Mango & Mint (For Decoration)
- Sprinkle gelatine over water.
- Warm gelatine / water mix to dissolve gelatine.
- Fill bottom of double saucepan with water and bring it to a boil.
- Combine egg-yokes, ½ cup sugar and milk in top of double saucepan and beat well.
- Insert top into bottom of double saucepan continuing to stir mix until it thickens into custard.
- Remove custard from heat and stir in dissolved gelatine and passionfruit pulp.
- Refrigerate passionfruit mix until slightly set.
- Beat egg whites until sift peaks form.
- Add the tablespoon of extra sugar and beat well.
- Fold egg-whites through refrigerated passionfruit mix.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour mix into six lightly oiled dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate overnight.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes