Spinach Cheese Souffle Recipe
Hear the word Souffle and cringe but our Spinach Cheese Souffle is such an easy dish to make, just follow the instructions closely. Serve hot with a sprig of mint. Serves four.
- 500g Chopped Cooked Spinach
- ½ Cup Grated Swiss Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Cornflour
- 250ml Milk
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Eggs (Separated)
- Press all the liquid out of the spinach and mix with the cheese.
- Make the sauce by blending the cornflour with a little of the milk in a saucepan.
- Add the rest of the milk and the salt and cook, stirring constantly, until thickening.
- Add some of this hot mixture to the egg yokes, beating until well blended. Then add the remaining hot mixture.
- Stir in the spinach and the cheese.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the spinach and cheese mixture.
- Spoon into a 1½ litre souffle dish and bake in a 180°C (350°F) oven for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes