White Wine Sauce Recipe
It's all in the name: a creamy, classic white wine sauce. Ideal for chicken, fish and pork.
- 440ml (1¾ cup) heavy cream
- 310ml (1¼ cup) white wine
- 310ml (1¼ cup) chicken or fish stock
- 15g (1 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 3 shallots, chopped fine
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan over low heat. Saute the shallots in the saucepan, until they are transparent.
- Add the white wine, making sure to scrape the base of the saucepan with a wooden spoon.
- Bring the wine to a boil and cook until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the stock and boil until the liquid has reduced to 85ml (1/3 cup).
- Stir in the cream and continue to reduce the sauce until it is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm-hot and enjoy!
Tip 1: The sauce can be kept warm in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water for up to half an hour before serving. Do not allow the water to boil at this stage, as the sauce may separate.
Tip 2: This sauce goes best with fish or chicken.
Tip 3: Season with a pinch of salt, and plenty of pepper for a more endearing taste.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes
- Convert Teaspoons, Tablespoons & Cups to their Metric Equivalent
|Join WebWombat On ...
Just A Bunch of Funnies
Humanity is going down in flames, so let's have a few laughs before our deterioration into a Mad Max-esque dystopian fire. Watch some funny videos and try put that panic attack off for a few hours. Read More
It takes the men seen in the photo close to four months to clean the 24,348 windows of the world’s tallest building, the 830-metre high Burj Khalifa in Dubai, and when they finish they start all over again. Read More
Movie Trailer Roundup
A selection of upcoming movies previewed this week (with Trailers) include, Office Christmas Party, Jackie, Operation Avalanche, Rules Don’t Apply and Fist Fight. Read More
2017 Grammy Nominations
The nominees for the 2017 Grammy Awards are in! Not a huge amount of surprises, but a stellar list nonetheless. They will be announced on February 12th, 2017, hosted by The Late Show’s James Corden. Read More
Underworld: Blood Wars
I don't care about VAMPIRE POLITICS i don't care about real politics I never saw the West Wing because it always looked like it was just about some people who worked in an office and weren't gangsters or drug dealers Read More