Apricot Delight Recipe
Serve your Apricot Delight cold layered with whipped cream and slivered almonds. Makes a refreshing dessert or a cold snack to cool off with on a hot day.
- 450g Dried Apricots
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Rind (Grated)
- 60g Slivered Almonds (Toasted)
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brandy
- 16 Sponge Fingers
- 280ml Cream (Whipped)
- Cook apricots with vanilla and sugar and with a dash of water.
- Vitamise mixture, allow to cool and blend in orange rind.
- Dampen the sponge fingers with brandy and milk.
- Arrange four damp sponge fingers and top with the apricot mixture.
- Arrange an alternate layer of four on top of the first (in a criss-cross pattern) and top with the apricot mixture.
- Arrange two more layers (criss-cross pattern) topping each with the apricot mixture.
- Coat top with any remaining mixture
- Place in refrigerator for a day to fuse.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes