Baked Ricotta With Grilled Vegetables
Our Baked Ricotta should be served up hot with an assortment of roast vegetables such as eggplant, carrots, tomatoes, green or red peppers, zucchini, button mushrooms, sweet potato or leeks. Sliced and toasted focaccia or baguette complements this dish.
- 1 kg Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Mixed Herbs
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 1.5 kg Assorted Fresh Vegetables (Sliced)
- Place ricotta cheese in a colander lined with muslin. Set colander over a bowl. Cover with plastic food wrap. Drain in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine ricotta cheese, herbs and black pepper to taste in a bowl. Press mixture into a greased 11 x 21 cm loaf tin. Bake for 1 hour or until firm.
- Turn loaf onto a lightly greased baking tray. Brush lightly with oil. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 10 minutes or golden. Cool.
- Preheat grill or barbecue to a high heat.
- Brush vegetables lightly with oil. Cook under grill or on a barbecue, turning several times, for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- To serve, cut baked ricotta into slices and accompany with vegetables and toasted bread. The ricotta is delicious hot, warm or cold.
Tip: Try a combination of parsley, chives and basil for the herbs. For the vegetables, try eggplant (aubergines), carrots, tomatoes, green or red peppers, zucchini (courgettes), button mushrooms, onions, sweet potato or leeks.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes