Barbecued Cajun Chicken Recipe
For an attractive presentation of your Barbecued Cajun Chicken, place a bowl of dipping sauce in the centre of a serving platter, surround with chicken and garnish with lime wedges and sliced fresh tomatoes. Serves 6.
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breast Fillets (Cut Into 2cm Wide Strips)
Cajun Spice Mix Ingredients:
- 5 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 4 Tablespoons Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Thyme
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Lime Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 315ml Low-Fat Natural Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Grated Lime Rind
- 1 Teaspoon Lime Juice Cordial
- Preheat barbecue to a high heat.
Cajun Spice Mix Method:
- Combine garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Add chicken & toss to coat.
- Shake off excess spice mix.
- Cook chicken on lightly oiled barbecue plate (griddle), turning frequently, for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Lime Dipping Sauce Method:
- Combine yogurt, lime juice, lime rind and cordial in a bowl.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes