Boiled Pineapple Fruit Cake Recipe
Traditional, old style fruit cake. basic ingredients, easy to prepare and delicious to eat. Enjoy a slice with you next cup of coffee or tea with your get together with friends. Thank you Ann from Victoria for this fruit cake recipe.
- 1 x 450g Can Crushed Pineapple
- 375g Mixed Fruit
- 1 Teaspoon Mixed Spices
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 125g Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate Soda
- 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 2 Beaten Eggs
- Boil the first eight ingredients in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Add sifted plain flour and eggs.
- Place mixture is a deep 180mm tin lined with greased, grease proof paper.
- Cook for one hour at 160° C.
- Test with skewer to see if cooked.
- When cooked, leave in tin for five minutes then turn on a rack to cool.
- Store in an air tight container.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes