Broccoli in Spicy Orange Sauce Recipe
Broccoli has heaps of good nutrients but tastes a bit bland on its own, but by adding an orange juice and zest with a hint of red pepper sauce the flavour is enhanced considerably. A sprinkle of roasted sesame seeds adds the final touch.
- 900g Broccoli
- 125ml Orange Juice
- 10ml Honey
- 5ml Dijon Mustard
- 5ml Grated Orange Zest
- 2½ml Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Garlic Clove (Crushed With Garlic Press)
- ½ml Red Pepper Flakes
- 7½ml Cornflour
- 15ml Water
- 5ml Sesame Seeds (Toasted)
- Trim the broccoli florets into pieces about 4cm (1 1/2 inches) long.
- Cut the stalks crosswise into pieces about 10mm (1/3 inch) thick. Place the broccoli stalks in a steamer basket over 50mm (2 inches) of boiling water. Cover, and steam for 2 minutes then add the florets and steam for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring the orange juice, honey, mustard, orange zest, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper flakes to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornflour and water. Add the orange juice mixture and cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
- In a serving bowl, gently toss the broccoli with the sauce to coat. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
The Weeks Top Five Recipes