Carrot Walnut Cake Recipe
Serve your Carrot Walnut Cake as a tasty treat for the kids or take it into work for morning tea as a treat for your work mates to enjoy, or spoil yourself with your afternoon cup of tea or coffee.
- ½ Cups Carrot (Finely Grated & Lightly Packed [About 2 Medium Sized Carrots])
- ¾ Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Mixed Spice
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Walnuts (Chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Castor Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon BiCarbonate of Soda
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla & sifted dry ingredients in basin.
- Beat on a low speed until smooth (or beat with a wooden spoon).
- Stir in carrots and walnuts and mix in well.
- Pour mixture into a well greased 20cm ring tin.
- Bake in moderate oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and spread with frosting recipe below.
Ingredients for Frosting:
- 30g Butter (Softened)
- 60g Packaged Cream Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Rind (Finely Grated)
- ½ Cup Icing Sugar (Sifted)
Method for Frosting:
- Combine butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy
- Add lemon rind and icing sugar
- Beat until smooth
- Spread on Cake
The Weeks Top Five Recipes